Sunday, August 29, 2010

Don't Call It a Comeback....

..... I've been here for years.
After consistently bloging on TheAlRocksalotExperiment.blogspot.com since the beginning of this year, I have decided to write a second blog by continueing this blog which I started in June of 2009. This blog will be exclusively for my love of action figures. I mean it has to be love... you don't spend 10 plus years buying and displaying something if you don't have a certain love for it. I collect a whole bunch of stuff but it seems that action figures are the one thing that I look for and buy the most of every year. Let me go take a quick count of how many figures I have displayed in the back hallway and laundry room... give me a few minutes.. alright I'm back. I counted a total of 359 figures on display. For the past 10 years I am averaging a purchase of 3 action figures a month. (roughly 10% of my collection was given to me so the average is a bit less). With an average cost of about $8 per figure, I have spent somewhere in the range of $2880 in action figures over a 10 year period. Not bad considering a pack a cigaretts cost about $8 and after your done smoking all you have are the memories and a less healthy lung, I get to keep my cool figure for as I long as I want.
I have decided, for the time being, that I will feature a diffrent action figure for each blog entry. The figures I spotlight will not be an upcoming action figure or even all time favorites, rather it will be the figures that I own and that resonate with me. Some blogs will be on other parts of the action figure collection game (and indeed it is a game, but I will get into that in the future) but all the blog entries will be related to action figures. Hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment